Fall Choir Concert

Back to Article
Back to Article

Fall Choir Concert

Choir Concert
(8th grade choir)

Choir Concert (8th grade choir)

Delaney Sisney

Choir Concert (8th grade choir)

Delaney Sisney

Delaney Sisney

Choir Concert (8th grade choir)

As we all know, Cherokee is very fortunate to have such wonderful music programs. Today, I would like to highlight our latest choir event. Everyone did so well and our new choir teacher, Mrs. Hallford, sure did put together a good show!

The first concert under our new choir director, Mrs. Hallford, was held on November 21, 2019. We were lucky enough to have Seminole Baptist Church open their doors to our choir program and let us host our choir event in their beautiful sanctuary. The families of our choir students packed the house and it was standing room only before the show began. The Seventh Grade Choir sang “O Sifuni Mungu”, “The Happy Wanderer”, and “The Water is Wide”. To change things up a bit the seventh grade boys sang “The Knight and the Dragon”, while the girls sang “Annabel Lee”. 

Sharing the spotlight for the evening, the Eighth Grade Honors Choir performed “Boom-Di-Ada”, “My America”, “Kyrie”, and “Shut De Do”. The Eighth Grade Indian Choir then sang “Beauty is Determined by the View” and “We Are The Voice.” To round out the night, all of our choir students then joined together to perform “Dodi Li”.

A huge thank you is owed to Seminole Baptist Church, our teacher and director Mrs. Hallford, our percussionists, and our accompanist, Sarah Miller. Also, to the parents and families of our choir students for showing so much love and support. Lastly, to our choir students who have worked extremely hard to make this event a huge success! Keep shining your light and don’t ever stop!