Green Team

Back to Article
Back to Article

Green Team

If you have ever seen a few kids wheeling around trashcans on Tuesday mornings, that would be the Green Team. The Green Team is a club sponsored by Mrs. Madura with 15 students who go around every Tuesday morning and pick up the recycling from the different rooms. There are 6 different sections on the Green Team and whichever section you are rotates each week. There is a section assigned to every hallway 6th, 7th, 8th, and then the science hallway. There is also one team that is assigned specifically to the office and Library. Finally, the hardest job is the dumping crew this is a group that stands outside while the other groups are picking up the recycling from the classrooms until they’re done and then dump out the garbage into one giant recycling bin out front.

Overall, Green Team is a very fun experience and it gives you a chance to make new friends, and for the kids who one day hope to be in NJHS, it provides service hours for the month. While all of those are amazing reasons to join, the whole reason Green Team was started was to help the world so much that we put to waste can be used to become a huge blessing to someone else, but only if we recycle it. Green Team is open to any and all Cherokee Students who want to join. Although this school year’s registration has ended, next year is coming up and there will be a lot of spots to fill as our current eighth graders, who make up a majority of the Green Team, will be leaving for Kickapoo. In conclusion, the Green Team is a great opportunity and you should really come out and join us next year! Although we are sad to see our eighth graders go, we are also looking forward to meeting the new members!

Gabby Burgess, Staff Writer/Leadership Team

Gabby is a 13 year-old girl in the 8th grade and a proud Cherokee Indian. She lives with her mom, dad, and is the oldest of 3 children; her younger brothers...

1 Comment

One Response to “Green Team”

1. Mrs. Madura on January 23rd, 2019 9:16 am

What a well-written article! Thank you so much for raising awareness for the Green Team. I’ll definitely be sad to lose my 8th graders at the end of the year but look forward to meeting new students next year.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Green Team

#GOINDIANS

Cherokee Scholar Bowl

• Green Team

Arts & Entertainment

High School Musical Junior

• Green Team

Features

Human Trafficking Awareness

• Green Team

News

Measles Remerging as a Public Health Threat

• Green Team

Cherokee

Cherokee Winter Formal

• Green Team

Cherokee

Mrs. Rabinowitz

• Green Team

#GOINDIANS

All City Honor Band

• Green Team

News

President H.W Bush: Before Presidency

• Green Team

Arts & Entertainment

Christmas Traditions

• Green Team

Features

The Truth About Animal Testing

Green Team