Books You Need to Read!

Some books just stick with you forever, no doubt. Some people’s love goes as far as being a tattoo of their favorite book or naming their child after a character. Here is a list of books that you need to read this year!

The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas. This book was published after many shootings, but these specific shootings were Police Officers shooting black people, and even more specifically, shooting black kids. This book follows the story of Starr, who witnesses her friend being shot. This book shows the horror behind the stories of real events of kids being shot, and it’s a whirlwind of crazy emotions.

Simon VS the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli. Being closeted at any age is hard, especially when absolutely no one knows. But what happens when someone in school comes out in secret, and you start emailing each other back and forth without knowing who the other is? That’s exactly what Simon is going through. And when those emails get leaked by another kid at school, things get even worse.

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard. Coming from a world in which Red blood is divided by Silver blood is hard. Silvers have powers, while Reds are known as useless. But Mare Barrow, a common Red thief, has her own powers. When stealing from Prince Calore VII, she is hired at the palace, only to discover she has electric abilities known by no one. She is posed as a long lost Silver princess, who is forced to marry Cal’s younger half-brother, Maven. Forced to marry Maven, she begins to fall for Cal and is stuck living a lie, now known as Princess Mareena Titanos, though she is Mare Barrow in and out. In this book, the biggest plot twist of all time takes place at the end, it will change this thrilling four book masterpiece forever.

Ruined by Amy Tintera. Ruina is a dangerous, almost extinct place. Emelina Flores poses as Princess Mary and is off to marry Prince Cas who has no idea that she is not Mary. In order to take revenge on killing her family, she does this. Her sister, Olivia, was taken by the kingdom years ago, and it is up to Em and her guards to get her, and only the guards know that Em is not Mary. But when Em starts to fall in love, trouble lies ahead. Then, the kingdom is attacked by the kingdom of Olso, and the king is dead. When Em uncovers her true identity during the attack, she runs away, only to go save her sister, and she does everything in her power to find her, even if it may mean to kill the prince she began to love.

These books all have something in common. Leave a comment if you know what it is!

Keeley Curtis, Staff Writer

Keeley Curtis is an 8th-grade student in Cherokee Middle School. She enjoys listening to 5sos, Ed Sheeran, Little Mix, and Bea Miller. She loves reading...

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Books You Need to Read!”

1. Christy on October 23rd, 2018 1:24 pm

Great article! Thank you for the list of suggested reads!

2. KALEB M. on November 1st, 2018 12:16 pm

I haven’t even heard of these book but some to sound good i must admit! 🙂

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Books You Need to Read!

#GOINDIANS

Cherokee Scholar Bowl

• Books You Need to Read!

Arts & Entertainment

High School Musical Junior

• Books You Need to Read!

Features

Human Trafficking Awareness

• Books You Need to Read!

News

Measles Remerging as a Public Health Threat

• Books You Need to Read!

Cherokee

Cherokee Winter Formal

• Books You Need to Read!

Cherokee

Mrs. Rabinowitz

• Books You Need to Read!

#GOINDIANS

All City Honor Band

• Books You Need to Read!

News

President H.W Bush: Before Presidency

• Books You Need to Read!

Arts & Entertainment

Christmas Traditions

• Books You Need to Read!

Features

The Truth About Animal Testing

Books You Need to Read!